Skip to main content


FAQ for Programs

  • Clinical Pastoral Education - FAQ

    Are there additional requirements for international students?

    We welcome students from diverse backgrounds. The Einstein CPE Program does not sponsor applicants for Visas.

    Where can I find ACPE Program Accreditation information?

    The Einstein Healthcare Network CPE Program is fully accredited by ACPE to offer Level I, Level II, and Supervisory CPE. For more information contact:

    Association for Clinical Pastoral Education
    One West Court Square, Suite 325
    Decatur, GA 30030

    How do I become a Chaplain, or the Relationship between CPE and Chaplaincy certification?

    ACPE, the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education accredits CPE programs to offer Clinical Pastoral Education. ACPE also certifies CPE Supervisors. ACPE does not certify chaplains.

    Chaplaincy certification is offered through several national organizations, including APC (The Association of Professional Chaplains), NACC (The National Association of Catholic Chaplains), and NAJC (The National Association of Jewish Chaplains.) A basic requirement for certification in these organizations is completion of four units of ACPE accredited CPE. Please see the website for each organization to read the specifics of their requirements, allowed equivalences, etc.