Skip to main content
More Search Options
A member of our team will call you back within one business day.
How much do you know about cholesterol? Mark each of the following statements True or False.
1. Nothing I do can lower my cholesterol.
2. All cholesterol in my blood is bad.
3. Exercise can’t help me control my cholesterol.
4. I don’t have to worry if my cholesterol is just a little high.
5. To lower my cholesterol, I just need to stop eating eggs.
FALSE. Your eating and exercise habits play a big role in controlling cholesterol. If you smoke, quitting can also help you get cholesterol under control. And your doctor can prescribe medication if you need extra help.
FALSE. Some cholesterol is needed for your body to work. And some types of cholesterol are better for your body than others.
FALSE. Exercise increases the amount of HDL (“good”) cholesterol in your bloodstream. This is good for your body and your health.
FALSE. Even if your cholesterol is just a little high, you are at increased risk for a heart attack or stroke.
FALSE. Egg yolks are high in cholesterol, but all animal products contain cholesterol. Eating foods high in cholesterol or saturated fat can raise your cholesterol level.