Skip to main content
More Search Options
A member of our team will call you back within one business day.
Try testing yourself to see what you know about bloodborne pathogens. Circle TRUE or FALSE for each of the statements below. Answers appear at the bottom of the page.
1) You don't need to take universal precautions if you know the person who's injured.
2) Hepatitis B or C infection can be very serious and may lead to liver damage.
3) Infected blood could enter your body through a hangnail.
4) Work practice controls help employees protect themselves against infections.
5) Disposable gloves can be reused if they're rinsed off.
6) Bags marked with biohazard symbols may contain bloody objects.
7) Sharp objects can be discarded in heavy-duty trash bags.
8) Towels soaked in plain water are good for cleaning blood.
9) You don't need to wash your hands if you've been wearing PPE while helping an injured person.
10) Washing blood from your hands helps prevent infection.
11) Work can resume at an accident scene as soon as the injured person has been treated.
12) If someone is badly hurt, call 911, then tell your supervisor.