Skip to main content
More Search Options
A member of our team will call you back within one business day.
Take this short quiz to find out how much you know about ergonomics and MSDs. Select the one best answer for each question. Answers appear at the bottom of the page.
1. Ergonomic principles are intended to improve the fit between a worker and an activity.
2. Ergonomics is a topic that’s important only in the workplace.
3. An MSD may cause numbness and tingling in the affected body part.
4. Cumulative trauma usually damages soft tissues, such as muscles and tendons.
5. If you have an MSD risk factor, you’ll always get an MSD.
6. MSD risk factors are all activity-related.
7. Reducing risk factors always involves spending a lot of money.
8. Proper posture includes the positioning of your entire body.
9. Frequent stretching overhead to reach materials is okay as long as you don’t twist your body.
10. Your overall health may affect your risk of MSDs.
11. MSD risk factors include:
too short a recovery time.
all of the above.
12. Your body can be stressed by:
13. Neutral position is:
the position that places the least amount of stress on the body.
the most difficult position for the body to hold.
a safe position that protects only the back.
the only position you can work in.
14. You’re at risk of an MSD if you:
keep repeating a forceful task.
use hand tools once a year.
rest between repetitive tasks.
none of the above.