Skip to main content
More Search Options
A member of our team will call you back within one business day.
Welcome To Einstein Healthcare Network's Podcast Library.
Here you will find a collection of podcasts featuring our doctors and experts discussing their fields of medicine and sharing tips on how to live a healthy life. Our podcasts are led by Donee Patterson, MD, director of medical community outreach.
Dr. Patterson is taking new patients. To schedule your appointment, call 215-456-8220.
Dr. Patterson leads two podcasts. She teams up with foremost experts as guest moderator of HealthQuest Live, a radio show on 900AM WURD hosted by Sara Lomax-Reese. You can listen to the show live at noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month. In Doc Talk, an Einstein-produced podcast series, Dr. Patterson talks with Einstein medical experts on a variety of topics important to you.
Click on the topics in blue below to listen to the track now or click on the iTunes button to download podcasts.
36. Developmental Delays: Einstein Healthcare NetworkBabies need lots of prenatal care and personal attention to develop properly. Our physicians discuss what are normal developmental milestones and delays.
35. Prostate Cancer and Erectile Dysfunction: Einstein Healthcare NetworkFifty percent of men have enlarged prostates by age 50. Our physicians explain symptoms and side effects of benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction and other male health conditions.
34. Holistic Pain Relief: Einstein Healthcare NetworkCan a positive attitude keep you free of pain? Dr. Donee Patterson discusses holistic approaches to pain management.
33. The Difference Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis: Einstein Healthcare NetworkOsteoarthritis is caused by wear and tear on joints. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes the body to attack the joints. Our physicians discuss forms of arthritis and when to consult a doctor.
32. Summer Safety: Einstein Healthcare NetworkKeep summer fun by avoiding accidents that can lead you to the emergency room. Our physicians discuss water, sun and heat safety for children and adults.
31. HIV Awareness: Einstein Healthcare NetworkPeople over the age of 50 make up 10% of the AIDs population. Even if there is no risk of pregnancy you still need to use protection from HIV. Our physicians discuss why people are living longer with HIV and the myths and facts on how it spreads.
30. Hepatitis A through C: Einstein Healthcare NetworkHepatitis spreads 100 times more easily than HIV, yet less people think about it. Our physicians discuss the differences between hepatitis A, B and C and what you can do to prevent this form of liver damage.
29. What are Fibroids? Einstein Healthcare NetworkRanging in size from a pea to a watermelon, fibroids are benign uterine tumors that can affect fertility. Our physicians explain why hysterectomies are no longer the only surgical treatment option and what symptoms to watch out for.
28. Suicide Prevention: Einstein Healthcare NetworkOver a million people attempt suicide in a year worldwide, yet most people do not realize it until it happens to someone close to you. Our physicians discuss the warning signs to watch out for and steps for prevention.
27. Geriatric Health and Well-being: Einstein Healthcare NetworkThe best time to have a loved one sign a living will or choose a power of attorney is when he or she is fully mentally able to make those choices. Our physicians discuss the normal and abnormal aging as baby boomers turn 65 years old.
26. Gynecological Cancer: Einstein Healthcare NetworkKnow your body and seek help if you notice any changes in your reproductive health. Our physicians discuss symptoms and treatment options for gynecological cancer.
25. Teen Domestic Violence: Einstein Healthcare NetworkFifty four percent of high school students have been involved in some type of domestic violence. Our physicians discuss the various types of domestic violence and the affect on both boys and girls.
24. Youth Sports' Injuries: Einstein Healthcare NetworkMore than 5 millions youths are treated in hospital emergency rooms each year for sports-related injuries. Our physicians discuss how to keep your children safe.
23. Menopause: Einstein Healthcare NetworkA discussion about the positives and negatives of this transition into a new phase of life. Einstein’s doctors discuss warning signs and symptom relief for menopause.
22. Myths Surrounding Breast Cancer: Einstein Healthcare NetworkTrue or False: You don’t need a mammogram if you don’t have a family history of breast cancer? False: At least 60 percent of breast cancers have no family history at all.
21. Heart Health and Cholesterol: Einstein Healthcare NetworkOne in four people die of heart disease annually. Einstein doctors discuss how your good and bad cholesterol affect your chances of having a heart attack.
20. How to Make the Most of Your Doctor Visit: Einstein Healthcare NetworkBeing prepared will help you make the most of your next doctor visit. Einstein doctors Donee Patterson and Nina Mingioni recommend what to do before, during and after your appointment.
19. Peripheral Vascular Disease: Einstein Healthcare NetworkTwenty percent of people who have peripheral disease are asymptomatic. Einstein doctors discuss the risk factors of peripheral vascular disease and what you can do today to improve your heart’s health.
18. Healthy Eating Choices When Shopping: Einstein Healthcare NetworkOne pound is 3,500 calories. Einstein’s Dr. Donee and registered dietician Theresa Shank explain how you can lose one pound per week by decreasing your calories by 500 calories per day through smarter grocery shopping and cooking.
17. Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery: Einstein Healthcare NetworkHow does bariatric and weight loss surgery change how patients approach food and hunger? Is the cost of surgery cheaper than the price of living with obesity? Einstein doctors discuss who makes a good candidate.
16. Adolescent Eating Disorders: Einstein Healthcare NetworkAnorexia nervosa and bulima are often linked to depression in teens and can affect the whole family. Einstein Healthcare Network doctors discuss warning signs, physical symptoms and treatment.
15. Valvular Heart Disease: Einstein Healthcare NetworkThe human heart beats 86,000 a day. In order for that to happen, four valves operate to control blood flow. Einstein doctors explain valve disease, the role blood pressure plays in heart health and tips for keeping your heart healthy.
14. Diabetes: Einstein Healthcare NetworkUnderstanding diabetes, including tips on prevention and complications that can arise from the disease, from Einstein Healthcare doctors Donee Patterson and Nissa Blocher.
13. Migraine Headaches: Einstein Healthcare NetworkFor many sufferers, there is a genetic component to migraines. Learn more about triggers, treatment and prevention of this severe type of headache.
12. Prenatal Care and Pregnancy: Einstein Healthcare NetworkGood prenatal care means more than just taking a daily vitamin. Tips on preparing for a healthy baby, avoiding a premature labor/birth and information on breastfeeding.
11. Breast Cancer: Einstein Healthcare NetworkEinstein Healthcare Network doctors Lisa Jablon and Donee Patterson discuss tools for treating breast cancer, including targeted therapies for women with dense breast tissue, and when to use a mammogram, ultrasound or MRI for best detection. This segment, hosted by talk radio station WURD, also addresses myths and facts about risk factors.
10. Colon Cancer: Einstein Healthcare NetworkA colonoscopy is a 20-minute test most of us only need once every 10 years that can prevent colon cancer, the most easily dectected kind of cancer. Einstein Healthcare Network doctors Donee Patterson and Richard Greenberg describe the test and risk factors for colon cancer.
9. Brain Injury: Einstein Healthcare NetworkBrain injury affects 1.7 million people annually. Einstein Healthcare Network doctors tell you how to spot symptoms and when to go to the emergency room.
8. Heart Disease: Einstein Healthcare NetworkEvery 33 seconds, someone suffers a heart attack. Do you know the warning signs, and when you should go the emergency room?
7. Asthma: Einstein Healthcare Network20 million people in the U.S. suffer from asthma, which is frequently not well-controlled. Doctors discuss symptoms and treatment during this radio talk show segment.
6. Stroke: Einstein Healthcare Network"Time is brain" is how doctors characterize stroke treatment - but symptoms are more subtle than heart attacks. What you need to know about stroke, discussed by Einstein doctors on a radio talk show.
5. Obesity: Einstein Healthcare NetworkA look at obesity in America. Is there any difference between diet plans? What works and what doesn't? Can we legislate against obesity? Einstein doctors discuss weighty issues.
4. Grief & Loss: Einstein Healthcare NetworkFeelings of denial, shock and sickness are common emotions when dealing with the death of a loved one. Doctors discuss health implications of loss and overall wellbeing.
3. Women's Heart Disease: Einstein Healthcare NetworkOnly 20 percent of women who have heart attacks have the typical symptoms beforehand. Einstein doctors discuss how heart disease is different in women, including symptoms and risk factors.
2. Men's Health: Einstein Healthcare NetworkKnow your numbers: Learn how basic tests can save lives as Einstein doctors discuss the impact an annual healthcare screening event has in the community.
1. Arthritis: Einstein Healthcare NetworkThe different types of arthritis and the links between obesity and arthritis are discussed, as well as other contributors to developing arthritis, including trauma and immune system issues.