Skip to main content
More Search Options
Welcome To Einstein Healthcare Network's Podcast Library.
Here you will find a collection of podcasts featuring our doctors and experts discussing their fields of medicine and sharing tips on how to live a healthy life.
Click here to listen to MossRehab's Living Beyond Disabilities podcast series.
Click on the topics in blue below to listen to the track now or click on the iTunes button to download podcasts.
46. Holiday Eating Habits: Einstein Healthcare Network Dr. Donee Patterson discusses Holiday Eating Habits with Einstein Dietitian Theresa Shank. (November, 2014)
45. Einstein Ebola Forum: Einstein Healthcare Network Dr. Jerry Zuckerman, Chief Quality and Patient Safety Officer and Medical Director of Infection, Prevention, and Control answers questions about Ebola, most of which were generated by Einstein employees. (October, 2014)
44. Lung Cancer Screening: Einstein Healthcare Network Lung cancer is the most deadly cancer for men and women, but it can be cured if detected early. Our physicians and patient navigators discuss how lung cancer screenings work and why Einstein offers free CT screenings for those 55 to 79 years old who have smoked a pack or more a day for at least 30 years.
43. Joint Replacement: Einstein Healthcare Network The current joint replacement materials show better outcomes with survivorship of 95% over 15 to 20 years. Our physicians discuss improvements in joint replacement surgery, genetic predisposition for arthritis and what you can do to have a better surgical outcome.
42. Proper Diabetes Management: Einstein Healthcare Network Did you know that diabetics need to track everything they consume, including beverages? Or that they should focus on how much they eat and how to add nutrients into each meal? Our physicians discuss tips for diabetes management.
41. Nutrition for Diabetes: Einstein Healthcare Network Over 79 million Americans have pre-diabetes and nearly two million more don’t know they have diabetes. Einstein physicians discuss proper nutrition and weight loss techniques for people with diabetes.
40. Broad Street Run Preparation: Einstein Healthcare Network Dr. Donee Patterson and Blue Cross Broad Street Run Medical Director Dr. Minn Saing discuss tips for success during the big race including when to meet with an athletic trainer, proper hydration and nutrition, pain management and special care for runners with asthma.
39. Congestive Heart Failure: Einstein Healthcare Network Two hundred fifty thousand people die per year from a heart attack before they make it to a hospital. Dr. Donee discusses the warning signs of congestive heart failure and prevention methods.
38. Irish Tay-Sachs Disease: Einstein Healthcare Network Tay-Sachs Disease is a neurodegenerative disease that causes nerves to stop functioning and shortens the life span of affected children to five years or less. Our physicians discuss how the mutation occurs in certain populations and why people of Irish descent should be screened before having children.
37. Refugee Clinic: Einstein Healthcare Network All refugees are required to be immunized to have a green card. Our physicians discuss immunizations and other services provided by Einstein’s refugee clinic, including enrolling children in school and blood tests. Read the podcast transcript.
36. Developmental Delays: Einstein Healthcare Network Babies need lots of prenatal care and personal attention to develop properly. Our physicians discuss what are normal developmental milestones and delays. Read the podcast transcript.
35. Prostate Cancer and Erectile Dysfunction: Einstein Healthcare Network Fifty percent of men have enlarged prostates by age 50. Our physicians explain symptoms and side effects of benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction and other male health conditions. Read the podcast transcript.
34. Holistic Pain Relief: Einstein Healthcare Network Can a positive attitude keep you free of pain? Dr. Donee Patterson discusses holistic approaches to pain management. Read the podcast transcript.
33. The Difference Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis: Einstein Healthcare Network Osteoarthritis is caused by wear and tear on joints. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes the body to attack the joints. Our physicians discuss forms of arthritis and when to consult a doctor. Read the podcast transcript.
32. Summer Safety: Einstein Healthcare Network Keep summer fun by avoiding accidents that can lead you to the emergency room. Our physicians discuss water, sun and heat safety for children and adults. Read the podcast transcript.
31. HIV Awareness: Einstein Healthcare Network People over the age of 50 make up 10% of the AIDs population. Even if there is no risk of pregnancy you still need to use protection from HIV. Our physicians discuss why people are living longer with HIV and the myths and facts on how it spreads. Read the podcast transcript.
30. Hepatitis A through C: Einstein Healthcare Network Hepatitis spreads 100 times more easily than HIV, yet less people think about it. Our physicians discuss the differences between hepatitis A, B and C and what you can do to prevent this form of liver damage. Read the podcast transcript.
29. What are Fibroids? Einstein Healthcare Network Ranging in size from a pea to a watermelon, fibroids are benign uterine tumors that can affect fertility. Our physicians explain why hysterectomies are no longer the only surgical treatment option and what symptoms to watch out for. Read the podcast transcript.
28. Suicide Prevention: Einstein Healthcare Network Over a million people attempt suicide in a year worldwide, yet most people do not realize it until it happens to someone close to you. Our physicians discuss the warning signs to watch out for and steps for prevention. Read the podcast transcript.
27. Geriatric Health and Well-being: Einstein Healthcare Network The best time to have a loved one sign a living will or choose a power of attorney is when he or she is fully mentally able to make those choices. Our physicians discuss the normal and abnormal aging as baby boomers turn 65 years old. Read the podcast transcript.
26. Gynecological Cancer: Einstein Healthcare Network Know your body and seek help if you notice any changes in your reproductive health. Our physicians discuss symptoms and treatment options for gynecological cancer.
25. Teen Domestic Violence: Einstein Healthcare Network Fifty four percent of high school students have been involved in some type of domestic violence. Our physicians discuss the various types of domestic violence and the affect on both boys and girls. Read the podcast transcript.
24. Youth Sports' Injuries: Einstein Healthcare Network More than 5 million youths are treated in hospital emergency rooms each year for sports-related injuries. Our physicians discuss how to keep your children safe. Read the podcast transcript.
23. Menopause: Einstein Healthcare Network A discussion about the positives and negatives of this transition into a new phase of life. Einstein’s doctors discuss warning signs and symptom relief for menopause. Read the podcast transcript.
22. Myths Surrounding Breast Cancer: Einstein Healthcare Network True or False: You don’t need a mammogram if you don’t have a family history of breast cancer? False: At least 60 percent of breast cancers have no family history at all. Read the podcast transcript.
21. Heart Health and Cholesterol: Einstein Healthcare Network One in four people die of heart disease annually. Einstein doctors discuss how your good and bad cholesterol affect your chances of having a heart attack. Read the podcast transcript.
20. How to Make the Most of Your Doctor Visit: Einstein Healthcare Network Being prepared will help you make the most of your next doctor visit. Einstein doctors Donee Patterson and Nina Mingioni recommend what to do before, during and after your appointment. Read the podcast transcript.
19. Peripheral Vascular Disease: Einstein Healthcare Network Twenty percent of people who have peripheral disease are asymptomatic. Einstein doctors discuss the risk factors of peripheral vascular disease and what you can do today to improve your heart’s health. Read the podcast transcript.
18. Healthy Eating Choices When Shopping: Einstein Healthcare Network One pound is 3,500 calories. Einstein’s Dr. Donee and registered dietician Theresa Shank explain how you can lose one pound per week by decreasing your calories by 500 calories per day through smarter grocery shopping and cooking. Read the podcast transcript.
17. Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery: Einstein Healthcare Network How does bariatric and weight loss surgery change how patients approach food and hunger? Is the cost of surgery cheaper than the price of living with obesity? Einstein doctors discuss who makes a good candidate. Read the podcast transcript.
16. Adolescent Eating Disorders: Einstein Healthcare Network Anorexia nervosa and bulima are often linked to depression in teens and can affect the whole family. Einstein Healthcare Network doctors discuss warning signs, physical symptoms and treatment. Read the podcast transcript.
15. Valvular Heart Disease: Einstein Healthcare Network The human heart beats 86,000 a day. In order for that to happen, four valves operate to control blood flow. Einstein doctors explain valve disease, the role blood pressure plays in heart health and tips for keeping your heart healthy. Read the podcast transcript.
14. Diabetes: Einstein Healthcare Network Understanding diabetes, including tips on prevention and complications that can arise from the disease, from Einstein Healthcare doctors Donee Patterson and Nissa Blocher. Read the podcast transcript.
13. Migraine Headaches: Einstein Healthcare Network For many sufferers, there is a genetic component to migraines. Learn more about triggers, treatment and prevention of this severe type of headache. Read the podcast transcript.
12. Prenatal Care and Pregnancy: Einstein Healthcare Network Good prenatal care means more than just taking a daily vitamin. Tips on preparing for a healthy baby, avoiding a premature labor/birth and information on breastfeeding. Read the podcast transcript.
11. Breast Cancer: Einstein Healthcare Network Einstein Healthcare Network doctors Lisa Jablon and Donee Patterson discuss tools for treating breast cancer, including targeted therapies for women with dense breast tissue, and when to use a mammogram, ultrasound or MRI for best detection. This segment, hosted by talk radio station WURD, also addresses myths and facts about risk factors. Read the podcast transcript.
10. Colon Cancer: Einstein Healthcare Network A colonoscopy is a 20-minute test most of us only need once every 10 years that can prevent colon cancer, the most easily dectected kind of cancer. Einstein Healthcare Network doctors Donee Patterson and Richard Greenberg describe the test and risk factors for colon cancer. Read the podcast transcript.
9. Brain Injury: Einstein Healthcare Network Brain injury affects 1.7 million people annually. Einstein Healthcare Network doctors tell you how to spot symptoms and when to go to the emergency room. Read the podcast transcript.
8. Heart Disease: Einstein Healthcare Network Every 33 seconds, someone suffers a heart attack. Do you know the warning signs, and when you should go the emergency room? Read the podcast transcript.
7. Asthma: Einstein Healthcare Network 20 million people in the U.S. suffer from asthma, which is frequently not well-controlled. Doctors discuss symptoms and treatment during this radio talk show segment. Read the podcast transcript.
6. Stroke: Einstein Healthcare Network "Time is brain" is how doctors characterize stroke treatment - but symptoms are more subtle than heart attacks. What you need to know about stroke, discussed by Einstein doctors on a radio talk show. Read the podcast transcript.
5. Obesity: Einstein Healthcare Network A look at obesity in America. Is there any difference between diet plans? What works and what doesn't? Can we legislate against obesity? Einstein doctors discuss weighty issues. Read the podcast transcript.
4. Grief & Loss: Einstein Healthcare Network Feelings of denial, shock and sickness are common emotions when dealing with the death of a loved one. Doctors discuss health implications of loss and overall well being. Read the podcast transcript.
3. Women's Heart Disease: Einstein Healthcare Network Only 20 percent of women who have heart attacks have the typical symptoms beforehand. Einstein doctors discuss how heart disease is different in women, including symptoms and risk factors. Read the podcast transcript.
2. Men's Health: Einstein Healthcare Network Know your numbers: Learn how basic tests can save lives as Einstein doctors discuss the impact an annual healthcare screening event has in the community. Read the podcast transcript.
1. Arthritis: Einstein Healthcare Network The different types of arthritis and the links between obesity and arthritis are discussed, as well as other contributors to developing arthritis, including trauma and immune system issues. Read the podcast transcript.