Advanced Thrombectomy Capable Stroke Center
Einstein Medical Center Montgomery (EMCM) is an Advanced Thrombectomy Capable Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and provides high standards of stroke care to the residents of the central Montgomery County.
Access to timely treatment of ischemic stroke is critical for prevention of death and disability due to stroke. EMCM has trained specialists and 24/7 capability to treat eligible patients diagnosed with ischemic stroke using proven thrombolytic (clot-busting) medications and catheter-based minimally invasive procedure referred to as mechanical thrombectomy. EMCM admits nearly 300 stroke patients per year through our emergency room.
Our stroke outcomes data are publicly reported and provided below.
Mechanical Thrombectomy Outcomes
- Symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage 2022: 1/23-4.3%
- Periprocedural stroke and death rate 2022: 0%
- Periprocedural serious complication rate for diagnostic angiography 2022: 0%
- All cause death within 72 hours of endovascular procedure 2022: 2/23-8.7%
- Treatment rate with IV thrombolytics: 11.06% in 2021, 12% in 2022.
- Treatment rate with mechanical thrombectomy: 5.1 % in 2021, 9.5% in 2022