Choosing Einstein is Choosing Excellence
The Nurse Residency Program at Einstein Healthcare Network is designed to provide a robust, evidence-based curriculum that supports nursing graduates as they transition from advanced learners to competent leaders at the bedside. The program offers support that is imperative for successful personal and professional development.
Einstein has partnered with the elite Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ and the Pennsylvania Nurse Residency Collaborative to offer this very distinguished program.
The 12-month program focuses on:
- Transitioning newly graduated nurses from the role as an advanced learner to a competent and caring nurse
- Developing clinical nursing leadership abilities at the point of care through knowledge application, critical thinking, prioritization and delegation exercises
- Developing inter-professional collaboration and networking by early engagement in evidence-based practice
- Developing a knowledge base to support excellence in care delivery and positive patient outcomes
The Program is available at the following Einstein Healthcare Network locations:
Leadership and oversight for the Nurse Residency Program is provided by the department of Nursing Education and Professional Development (NEPD).
There are three cohorts per year:
The curriculum focuses on providing high-quality, safe care in accordance with the following national safety standards:
- Professional Role
- Ambulatory Care
Any nurse hired at Einstein who meets the eligibility criteria will automatically be enrolled into the Nurse Residency Program. There is NO formal application process to enter the Nurse Residency Program.
Einstein requires all nurses enrolled in this program to:
- Secure a position at Einstein
- Hold a valid Pennsylvania Registered Nurse licensure
- Have less than one year of nursing experience in the acute care setting
Nurse Resident expectations include:
- Participation in monthly educational seminars and learning activities
- Completion of an evidence-based project at the end of the program
- Completion of program evaluation and survey tools