Due to safety concerns around COVID-19, all of our Volunteer Programs have been suspended. Thank you for your interest in supporting Einstein Healthcare Network.
Einstein’s Volunteer Services Program offers a variety of opportunities to make a difference in the lives of people who are ill. Last year, more than 500 people volunteered at Einstein, giving well over 100,000 hours of service!
If you are at least 15 years old, you can lend your time and talent to help achieve our mission of community service.
A REWARDING AND EASY EXPERIENCE
- Volunteers park for free on our campuses.
- If you spend more than four hours volunteering on any given day, we’ll treat you to a meal "on the house."
- Bringing a smile to someone
- Learning new skills
- Staying active
- Making new friends
GENERAL INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Times. Opportunities are available from Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Minimum time requirement is four hours a week. Please note some areas require a six-month commitment.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADULTS
Our adult volunteers get to participate in educational opportunities and activities. We recognize our volunteers annually at a formal luncheon. Einstein offers many placement options for our adult volunteers including:
- Hospitality – visiting with patients
- Clerical positions – helping out in our offices
- Emergency Department Liaison Program
- Escort and messenger positions
- Information Desk positions – greeting and escorting patients and their families
- Patient Advocate Program
- Surgical Hospitality Program – providing support in waiting areas
- Serving Spoons Patient Feeding Program
OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
Our student volunteers* learn valuable skills and have the opportunity to earn scholarships and awards. Each year, Einstein presents the President’s Student Service Challenge Award to a number of students to recognize their demonstration of commitment, compassion and competence. Opportunities Include:
- Einstein Community Service Program
- Einstein Mentor Program
- Einstein Pre-Med Program
- School-to-Career Programs
- Shadowing Days and Tours
- Special Education Training Programs
Special Summer Educational Volunteer Programs
- Discover Healthcare: Career Exploration I and II for high school students grades 10 to 12
- Korean Career Exploration Program at Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park
- Pre-med Educational Program at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia
*If you are under 18, you will need your parent’s or guardian’s permission to volunteer.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Application for Volunteer Services and send by email or postal mail to the address on the form. When your application is received, you will be contacted to set a date for an interview regarding placement. Other steps involved in becoming a volunteer include reference checks and a health clearance, provided free of charge by Einstein.