Programs & Specialties
Cancer treatment can be hard on your heart. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are powerful cancer-fighting tools, but sometimes they cause heart problems or make existing heart problems worse.
At Einstein, we understand that great cancer care must include great cardiovascular care. Specialists at Einstein’s Center for Advanced Cardiac Imaging and Cardio-Oncology work closely with patients and with each other to deliver high-quality care with excellent outcomes. Our experienced team uses the most advanced tools available to monitor patients’ cardiac health, diagnose problems and provide effective, evidence-based therapies – during cancer treatment and beyond.
The goal of Einstein’s Cardio-Oncology program is to:
- Provide comprehensive, evidence-based, state-of-the-art cardiovascular care to cancer patients at our medical center and in our community
- Identify and treat modifiable cardiovascular risk factors to reduce future heart disease in cancer patients
- Help cancer patients with existing heart problems reduce their risk of further damage
- Use advanced imaging technology to monitor cancer patients and survivors for new or worsening heart problems related to cancer treatment
- Prevent new heart problems from developing in patients during cancer treatment
- Treat heart problems aggressively so patients can finish their cancer treatment and survivors can continue to thrive
Who Benefits from Cardio-Oncology Care? Many people can benefit from cardio-oncology care. You could be a candidate if:
- You had a heart condition before being diagnosed with cancer
- You have been diagnosed with cancer and are receiving treatment that could damage your heart
- You were diagnosed with a heart condition during or after treatment for cancer
- You are a cancer survivor who received treatments that can damage the heart
Why Choose Einstein for Cardio-Oncology Care?
At Einstein, your heart is in good hands. Our experts take an interdisciplinary approach to your care, working together to make getting the appointments, tests and treatments you need simple and stress-free.
The Einstein Center for Advanced Cardiac Imaging and Cardio-Oncology offers the tests you need, including 3D echocardiography with strain imaging to detect the cardiotoxic side effects of cancer treatment early. Our comprehensive diagnostic cardiac imaging capabilities help oncologists tailor treatment to each patient’s needs, offering personalized care focused on reducing cardiovascular risks through patient education and aggressive treatment using the best medical therapy available.
Request an Appointment
Are you currently in treatment for cancer or have you been treated for cancer in the past? Ask your doctor about your risk of heart disease and whether Einstein’s Cardio-Oncology program could be right for you, and schedule an evaluation with our Cardio-Oncology team.
Request an Appointment