Centering Pregnancy Program & Prenatal Classes
Einstein's CenteringPregnancy® group in Philadelphia is a free pregnancy support program that allows parents-to-be an opportunity to learn about their pregnancy and parenthood while maintaining healthy prenatal care and developing a support network.
CenteringPregnancy® Program Structure
This pregnancy Centering program allows participants to attend 10 group prenatal classes throughout their pregnancy free of charge. Once you register, you will receive a tour of the rooms, learn about the session schedule, and have an opportunity to ask questions. Each visit includes a private prenatal exam, guest speaker and an opportunity to meet, interact and learn with other future parents in your community. Our classes and education sessions give parents a comfortable and trusting environment to prepare for pregnancy. Throughout the group’s 10 sessions, you will:
- Track your baby’s growth and your pregnancy progress
- Regular prenatal care medical visits and OB exams
- Gain a pregnancy support system and friends
- Share similar emotional and physical concerns and questions
Benefits of CenteringPregnancy®
“This group is helpful and very encouraging. I wish I would have known about this group a lot sooner and if I ever get pregnant again this is where I will be coming. I look forward to joining CenteringParenting® in the future.” -CenteringPregnancy® patient
CenteringPregnancy® increases caregiving abilities, builds community and peer mentoring, and promotes self-empowerment. Studies show a supportive approach to pregnancy and prenatal care may:
- Help you make healthier choices for yourself and your growing family
- Lower your risk of going into labor too early
- Make it easier to give your baby the advantages of breastfeeding
We offer many resources available to all CenteringPregnancy® patients, including access to individualized patient navigators to assist with access to services and referrals:
- Referrals to Einstein's CenteringParenting® program
- Dental services at Einstein
- Registered Dietician/Nutrition counseling
- Breastfeeding support with a Certified Lactation Consultant
- SHARE Food Pantry and Philabundance referral program
- Transportation referrals (Logisticare or SEPTA Tokens)
- Doula services
- LGBTQIA services
- Domestic Violence Counseling
- Specialty appointments -- including postpartum
When and Where CenteringPregnancy® Meets
Located at Einstein’s main campus, Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, the CenteringPregnancy® program can be found in the Paley building. The classroom is filled with chairs arranged in a circle, a separate private area for health assessments, table full of healthy snacks, and bulletin boards listing information about programs and services in the Philadelphia area. Sessions are held Tues - Friday, with morning (9:30 - 11:30am) or afternoon (1:00 - 3:00pm) groups offered. We also offer a clinic for women with high risk pregnancies, held every Friday morning.
Request to Join
We invite you to join us at one of our Centering prenatal care groups that start each month. Call us at 215-456-2533 or click the button below to request more information about how Einstein provides pregnancy support in Philadelphia through the CenteringPregnancy® program. Learn more about the program of support and empowerment at Centering.org.
Request to Join
After your delivery, join our CenteringParenting® program. This will allow you to continue to get excellent medical care while bonding with a group of new parents.