The Living With Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Program at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia provides the education and tools to help those in the community living with diabetes improve their quality of life.
The Program is accredited by the Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists.
- The Program offers 10 hours of classroom instruction.
- All instructors are Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE) or CDE-eligible.
- A physician referral to the Program is required and is covered by most health insurances.
- Participants do not have to be Einstein patients.
- We work with people who have diabetes along with family members and their primary care physicians to develop safe, effective, and personalized self-management plans.
Here are some of the diabetes tools covered:
- Healthy Eating
- Risk Reduction
- Keeping Active
- Stress Management
- Problem Solving
- Taking Medication
For more information or to make an appointment, please call the Einstein Diabetes Education Program at 215-456-6839.