EM Physician Assistant - Highlights
Click here to download a current list of the program's recent presentations and publications.
- A dedicated month of orientation each July for the incoming class with didactic and clinical curricula centered on the approach to common emergency department complaints and procedures.
- The faculty and residents care for more than 140,000 patients a year in our Emergency Departments, more than any other system in the Delaware Valley. Einstein’s main campus alone sees over 100,000 patients a year.
- The spectrum of illness is vast and the level of acuity is high at Einstein. This is exemplified by our admission rates to intensive care level settings, which is twice the national average, and an overall admission rate that is 36% higher than the national average reported by the Centers for Disease Control.
- High acuity, high volume trauma experiences with Emergency Medicine-led trauma resuscitations. Our residents alternate responsibility for the primary management of every trauma patient with the senior residents from the Department of Surgery. Managing the airways for every trauma is the responsibility of our residents alone.
- Areas you will confront daily in your career that are an integral part of your training at Einstein:
- We provide online supervision to Philadelphia Fire/EMS and surrounding county EMS systems, on-site medical support for major bike races, concerts, sports, events, and other special events in the Philadelphia region.
90,000: The number of patients seen in our Emergency Medicine Department on Einstein's main campus alone.
160,000: The annual total number of patients cared for by faculty and residents in all of our Emergency Departments.
40 years: The longevity of our Emergency Medicine Residency Program.