Einstein Healthcare Network is a private, not-for-profit organization with several major facilities and many outpatient centers. We have a proud legacy of nearly 150 years of service to the community, including Einstein Medical Center that has and continues to provide quality healthcare and medical services to our community. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high-quality healthcare to the greater Philadelphia region.
The Department of Pharmacy Services at Einstein Medical Center employs over 100 individuals, including approximately 60 pharmacists and 16 clinical pharmacists, to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical services. The Department of Pharmacy Services includes a central pharmacy and three pharmacy satellites, including critical care, neonatal/pediatrics, and operating room. The mission of the Department of Pharmacy Services is to be a team of dedicated professionals working together to provide quality patient outcomes through safe and effective drug therapy.
Pharmacy services provided include:
- Antimicrobial stewardship monitoring and management
- Continuing pharmacy education series
- Decentralized clinical pharmacy practice
- Drug information services
- Investigational drug study services
- In-service education and clinical pearls
- Medication therapy management and specialty clinic ambulatory care services
- Outpatient discharge pharmacy
- Outpatient infusion therapy center
- Outpatient oncology center
- Pharmacist-managed anti-coagulation services
- Pharmacy, therapeutics and formulary committee support
- Rotation site for students from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Jefferson College of Pharmacy & Temple School of Pharmacy