Internal Medicine Philadelphia - Residency Program Overview
The Department of Medicine, Einstein Healthcare Network's largest and most comprehensive department, offers its residents a rich array of educational opportunities across all settings, ranging from outpatient practice to critical care units. Residents can count on mentorship and guidance from the Department of Medicine's distinguished faculty. Our more than 100 full-time faculty members are outstanding physicians who are dedicated to resident education, patient care and research.
Graduating residents who wish to pursue careers in primary care medicine pursue abundant practice opportunities, while those interested in subspecialty training (download PDF) obtain prestigious fellowship positions.
Read a message from the Chairman of Medicine.
Read a message from the Program Director.
The mission of the Einstein Healthcare Network Internal Medicine Residency Program is to ensure that each resident acquires the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become a proficient general internist or skilled subspecialist.
Residency Program Objectives:
- To educate residents to become competent physicians who can effectively and efficiently evaluate and manage both ambulatory and hospitalized patients;
- To prepare residents for generalist practice, focusing on preventive, comprehensive, high-value, cost-conscious and continuous care;
- To provide residents with experience in all internal medicine subspecialties in order to ensure breadth of training and fulfillment of individual learning goals;
- To train residents to function competently as consultants in internal medicine and all of its sub-specialties;
- To foster an atmosphere which supports self-directed, self-motivated learning, teaching, both one on one and in a large group setting, and intellectual curiosity manifest as participation in independent research and other scholarly activities;
- To ensure that residents develop expertise in applying computer-based information systems to patient care and continuing medical education;
- To emphasize a cost-conscious approach to patient care and encourage judicious use of diagnostic tests, medications and consultants;
- To foster the unwavering application of humanism to all encounters with patients, families and colleagues;
- To encourage residents to develop an understanding of allied health fields and complementary medical practices;
- To prepare residents to pass the certification examinations of the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Want to learn more?
Follow Einstein Internal Medicine on FACEBOOK Einstein Internal Medicine on Facebook for the most up to date program news and information!