Wednesday mornings are designated for educational conferences. Multidisciplinary conferences occur on different days according to a mutually workable schedule. The educational component includes:
Summer Lecture Series:
- First-Year Fellows Rheumatology Regional Conference at University of Pennsylvania - incoming first-year fellow has 3 days in the second week of July where s/he is excused from clinical duties to attend this educational conference covering topics of rheumatology core curriculum.
- Additional “boot camp” for the new fellow
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound curriculum followed by Procedure Clinic
Weekly (September/October to June):
- Rheumatology Grand Rounds
- Medicine Grand rounds
- Case Management Conference or Interesting/Difficult Cases
- Board Review session (starting January)
- Weekly Immunology teaching sessions (starting November)
- Musculoskeletal Radiology Conference
- Multidisciplinary Connective Tissue Disease-associated Interstitial Lung Disease (CTD-ILD) Conference
- Multidisciplinary Lupus and Nephritis Conference
- Multidisciplinary Myositis and Myopathy Conference
Fellows are expected to present on a rotating basis with faculty on various forums: Case Management Conference, Interesting/Difficult Cases, Journal Club, Immunology Teaching sessions, Board Review sessions, Rheumatology Grand Rounds, all multidisciplinary conferences, their research projects, etc.