Keeping People Healthy Through Every Stage of Life
Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia's network of primary care doctors and medical specialists can help older adults stay healthy. Our primary care doctors include geriatricians and internists who specialize in caring for older adults. Internists are physicians who specialize in adult medicine, and geriatricians can be either internists or family practice doctors who have additional training in caring for people over age 62.
Einstein also provides geriatric mental healthcare services, including assessment, evaluation, therapy and other treatments.
Accessible Care in Your Community
Our geriatric medicine specialists provide the care you need right in your community. To ensure safe, appropriate and timely care for all patients, we offer telehealth appointments to screen and triage patients.
In addition to physicians who see patients in office and in residential care facilities, nurse practitioners specializing in geriatric care staff Einstein Physicians Center One and Einstein Geriatric Associates – Klein outpatient offices, where they see patients in-office and run a robust home visit program for immobile or homebound seniors.
- Primary care
- Evaluation of risk factors and conditions more common in seniors, including:
- Heart conditions
- Neurological issues
- Depression evaluations
- Mental healthcare services
- Wellness and nutrition counseling
- Referrals to cardiology, rheumatology, orthopedics and other specialists, as needed
- Referrals for age-appropriate screenings, such as mammograms and colonoscopies
- Care for homebound seniors