When you choose Einstein you gain access to the full resources of Philadelphia's largest independent academic medical center, as well as the region's newest hospital in Montgomery County. We offer state-of-the art technology, top-rated doctors and highly personalized care, from preliminary evaluation through post-operative recovery.
Our program is Medicare and UNOS approved, designations offered only to those who meet the highest standards for patient outcomes and care.
Einstein Living Donor Program
Living kidney donors are an integral part of Einstein’s kidney transplant program. As you saw in Jim and Brendan’s unique story, giving a kidney to a family member, friend, or even someone you don’t know, is the gift of life.
In order to donate a kidney, Einstein provides:
- Counsel to explain the physical and psychological requirements
- Extensive tests to ensure you are healthy enough to undergo the procedure
- Blood type and immune system compatibility test to donate to a specific recipient
Learn more about the Einstein Living Donor Program.
Expert Care for Even the Most Challenging Cases
We have one of the busiest transplantation programs in the region.
We understand the questions and fears you may have about the transplant process and our coordinated team of professionals is fully dedicated to responding to all of your concerns.
Our Kidney Transplant Program is Among the Best in the Area
- Appointments scheduled in days, not weeks: Our team of specialists see you in one day, in one place and within one week of appointment request.
- Transplant experts: Our team includes Philadelphia magazine Top Docs.
- Compassionate team approach: You will have one-on-one meetings with each member of your coordinated transplant team. This team will create a customized treatment plan to meet your individual needs.
- Clinical trials and research: You have access to the latest medications and treatment techniques.
- Designated transplantation center: Einstein is recognized by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS).
- York North: You may choose to stay in our on-campus housing and use our shuttle service.
- Free interpreters: Our Language Interpreters provide spoken language and sign language services free of charge.
Please download and complete your new patient evaluation and selection criteria forms.