Einstein Healthcare Network’s Center for Advanced Liver Disease and Transplantation knows that every patient is different. Einstein’s physicians, hepatologists and nutritionists cater treatment options to every individual. In acute and life-threatening cases of liver disease, liver transplantation may be necessary.
Potential treatments include:
- Liver Transplantation: Transplant of a new healthy organ into patient
- Nutritional therapy: Dietary changes, vitamin supplements, and hydration with Einstein’s liver dietitian
- Lifestyle changes: Exercise and avoidance of drugs and alcohol
- Surgery: Endoscopy, liver or partial liver transplant, and liver resection
- Radiofrequency ablation: Heat to destroy abnormal tissue
- Abdominal paracentesis: Drain fluid accumulated in the liver
- TACE (transareterial chemoemboliazation): Administer drugs directly into tumor
- TARE (transarterial radioembolization): Delivers targeted radiation to specific area
Learn more about how Einstein's liver experts diagnose liver disease.