The CRC has relocated to Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia. Please note the new location listed below.
Einstein Crisis Response Center (CRC) treats mental and behavioral health crisis emergencies with psychiatric coverage 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Our Crisis Response Center in Philadelphia provides fast, expert intake for individuals in crisis. Similar to a hospital’s emergency room, no one is turned away.
Emergency mental health services are available to all people, regardless of health insurance coverage or ability to pay. No appointment is needed. People are seen on a walk-in basis in a safe and secure environment.
Patients in need of help with urgent mental health issues, including assessments, evaluations, and other services, are seen at the following address:
Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia
5501 Old York Road
Philadelphia, PA 19141
Those seeking services from the CRC should enter through the Emergency Department.
About our Crisis Response Center
- One of five CRC's designated by Philadelphia to provide ready access to mental and behavioral health emergency crisis evaluation and urgent care treatment for adults.
- One of the most utilized CRCs by Intellectual Disability Services (IDS), for Philadelphia citizens with intellectual disability.
- The first sensory response room in a CRC.
How Emergency Mental Health Services Work
- Telephone the Crisis Response Center at 215-951-8300 for urgent care advice
- Bring your insurance card when leaving for the Crisis Response Center
- Enter through the Germantown Community Health Services’ Emergency Department by telling the security guard that you would like to be seen at the Crisis Response Center on the third floor
- The CRC will screen and assess your vital information as well as mental and behavioral health
- If needed, the Crisis Response Center staff will facilitate the involuntary commitment process on behalf of civilians and Philadelphia law enforcement
- Patients may meet with a social worker for mental health crisis counseling and treatment, such as for domestic abuse, are scheduled if warranted
Referrals from the CRC
The CRC refers each patient for continuing, community-based care based on the following factors:
- Patient’s specific needs
- Availability of support services, such as insurance
- Patient’s mental and behavioral health treatment location preferences
Mental Health and Behavioral Problems Evaluated at CRC Include: