Posted: August 20, 2021
Notice of Intent Pursuant to City of Philadelphia Ordinance § 6-40
Information Required Pursuant to Ordinance:
The name and address of the facility or hospital.
Albert Einstein Medical Center, 5501 Old York Road, Philadelphia, PA
b. Willowcrest, 5501 Old York Road, Philadelphia, PA
The name, address and a description of the corporate organizational structure of the legal entity seeking to obtain an ownership interest and/or license with respect to the facility or hospital.
Thomas Jefferson University, 1015 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19107
TJU is a Pennsylvania nonprofit, nonstock, nonmember corporation that has been recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Code and as a public charity under Section 509(a)(3) of the Code. TJU, as a result of its July 1, 2017 combination with Philadelphia University (“PhilaU”) operates a national comprehensive university designed to deliver high-impact education and value for students in medicine, science, architecture, design, fashion, textiles, health business and engineering, including an academic medical center (“Jefferson University”), and a clinically-integrated multi-provider delivery system (“Jefferson Health”) in Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. TJU serves both as an operating entity (as it relates to Jefferson University) and a holding company (as it relates to Jefferson Health, its health care system operated through its direct subsidiaries, TJUH System, a tax-exempt Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation (“TJUH System”), Abington Health, a tax-exempt Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation (“Abington”), Aria Health System, a tax-exempt Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation (“Aria”) and Kennedy Health System, Inc., a tax-exempt New Jersey nonprofit health system (“Kennedy”).
The name of all persons or entities with an ownership interest in the entity seeking to obtain an ownership interest and/or license with respect to the facility or hospital; the percentage of each such ownership interest; the names and addresses of any members of the boards or ex-officio corporate officers; any not-for-profit organizations with such an ownership interest. Excluded from this requirement are those persons or entities whose ownership interest is of shares in a publicly traded corporation.
TJU is a Pennsylvania nonprofit, nonstock, nonmember corporation. There are no persons or entities with an ownership interest in TJU. The mailing address for the TJU Board is: 1015 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19107. The TJU Board Members include: Robert S. Adelson; Thomas S. Brown; Stephen P. Crane; Robert DiStanislao; Bruce K. Entwisle; Suzanne M. Garber; Richard C. Gozon; Stephen K. Klasko; Leslie J. McNamara; Andrew J. Morrisroe, III; Ronald J. Naples; Vivian W. Pinn, MD; Caro U. Rock; Richard T. Riley; John P. Silvestri; Michael E. Sneed; Meryle Twersky; Alexander R. Vaccaro; Trista M. Walker; Patricia D. Wellenbach and Ramona Rogers-Windsor.
The names and addresses of long-term care facilities and hospitals currently or previously owned or managed by the entity seeking to obtain an ownership interest and/or license with respect to the facility or hospital, or by any of the persons or entities holding a direct or indirect controlling interest in the entity seeking to obtain such an interest or license, and the name of the jurisdictions in which those facilities or hospitals are operated and licensed.
TJU has a majority ownership or control interest in the licensed health care facilities listed below. The primary address for each facility is listed as well.
- Thomas Jefferson University
- d/b/a JEFFERSON HEALTH
- Abington Health
- Abington Memorial Hospital, d/b/a “Abington – Jefferson Health” – 1200 Old York, Rd., Abington, PA 19001
- Abington Memorial Hospital – Asplundh Surgery Center – 3941 Commerce Ave., Willow Grove, PA 19090
- Abington Memorial Hospital – Endoscopy Center – 1235 Old York Rd., Suite G23, Abington, PA 19001
- Kennedy Cherry Hill Surgical Center, LLC – 2211 Chapel Ave. W., Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- Jefferson Endoscopy Center at Bala, LLC – 130 Presidential Blvd., Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
- Riverview Surgery Center at the Navy Yard, LP – Three Crescent Drive, Suite 310, Philadelphia, PA 19112
- Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital, LLC – 3300 Tillman Dr., Ben Salem, PA 19020
- Blue Bell ASC, LLC – 518 E. Township Line Road, Suite 120, Blue Bell, PA 19422
- Lansdale Hospital – 100 Medical Campus Dr., Lansdale, PA 19446
- Kennedy Health Facilities, Inc., t/a Jefferson Health Care Center – 535 Egg Harbor Road, Sewell, NJ 08080
- Aria Health System
- Aria Health, d/b/a “Jefferson Health – Northeast”
- Jefferson Health Northeast – Frankford Hospital – Main Address: 4900 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19124
- Jefferson Health Northeast – Bucks Hospital – Main Address: 380 North Oxford Valley Rd., Langhorne, PA 19047
- Jefferson Health Northeast – Torresdale Hospital – Main Address: 10800 Knights Rd., Philadelphia, PA 19114
- The Magee Memorial Hospital for Convalescents d/b/a “Magee Rehabilitation Hospital” – 1513 Race St., Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Kennedy Health System
- Kennedy University Hospital, Inc.
- Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital – 2201 Chapel Avenue West, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- Jefferson Stratford Hospital – 18 East Laurel Road, Stratford, NJ 08084
- Jefferson Washington Township Hospital – 435 Hurffville Cross Keys Road, Turnersville, NJ 08012
- TJUH System
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Inc. – 111 S. 11th St., Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Jefferson Surgical Center – 1100 Walnut Street, 2nd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107