Maternity Care in Montgomery County
Einstein Medical Center Montgomery is home to one of the most experienced labor and delivery teams in the region. Each year, more than 2,200 babies are born at our hospital – That’s the equivalent of one baby born every four hours. Take a virtual tour of our facility.
Our unique model of care makes Einstein Medical Center Montgomery the clear choice for people in the region:
- Our doctors work in close collaboration with midwives to enhance the birthing experience.
- Our cesarean section rates are lower than both national and state averages, reducing recovery time and the incidence of infection.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is staffed with doctors from Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).
Why Have Your Baby at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery?
Einstein is committed to the health of you and your baby. Here are a few reasons why we’re the choice of thousands of parents:
- Our cooperative with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) provides prenatal care, newborn care, maternal care, and pediatric emergency services in one place.
- Delivery rooms and postpartum suites provide the right environment to bond with your new baby.
- Einstein has one of the lowest C-section rates in the region.
- Our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides critical care for any issues that may arise.
- Einstein’s antenatal testing unit provides screening to identify those at a high risk of a disorder.
- Our 24-hour midwifery care program provides constant care to parents and babies.
- Einstein’s nitrous oxide program provides options in addition to epidural for pain management during labor and delivery.
- Volunteer Cuddlers spend time holding medically fragile babies to ease withdraw symptoms, increase human bonding and provide a warm, comforting presence.
- Journey Beads provide a record of your premature baby’s milestones. After each treatment, your baby is given one of 20 beads that mark the first admission, first diaper change or first car ride.
- Women’s Resource Center is a one stop destination for parents and parents-to-be.
- Pregnancy classes at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery cover lactation, pre- and post-pregnancy groups, health and wellness, counseling and more.
- Einstein is a breastfeeding & pumping friendly hospital. The Mamava® Lactation Pods at our hospitals promote breastfeeding by offering privacy and comfort for moms to pump or feed their baby.
Virtual Pregnancy & Parenting Classes
As you prepare for your baby’s birth, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery’s Women’s Resource
Center offers opportunities to learn about childbirth and parenting from the comfort and safety
of your own home. We invite you to join us for one or more of the following virtual classes taught
by Certified Prenatal and Childbirth Educators, Registered Nurses or International Board-Certified
To learn more or to schedule for a virtual class, call Einstein's Women's Resource Center at 484-362-6133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comfort Measures in Labor
and Preparing for Childbirth
Learn about the stages of labor, coping
techniques, what to expect when
delivering a baby at Einstein Medical
Center Montgomery and more.
Newborn Care and Parenting
Receive valuable newborn care information
and hands-on instruction. This class covers
bathing, diapering, infant safety, how to
soothe your newborn and understand your
newborn’s needs, and when to call the doctor.
Breastfeeding and Pumping 101
Learn why breast is best for both parent and
baby, how to get started with breastfeeding
right away after delivery and how to continue
breastfeeding successfully at home with
your newborn(s). This class also touches
on the necessary plans and preparations
for pumping after parent’s return to work
In-Person Parenting Class
Car Seat Safety
Learn what safety features to look for when
buying a car seat, how to correctly install
your baby’s car seat in your vehicle, how to
secure your infant in the seat properly, and
what types of car seats and seat positions
are appropriate as your baby grows.
Download your own custom free pregnancy workbook for Einstein patients here.
See how Journey Beads symbolize milestones for NICU babies at Einstein.