Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, Einstein Healthcare Network has altered our visitation policies. Please visit our safe care page for the latest.
General visiting hours vary according to the facility or floor you are visiting.
Guidelines for specific locations are found on the Visitor Information page.
Einstein patients have the right to decide who visits them and may designate or restrict specific visitors according to their wishes. Einstein Healthcare Network does not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
- Two bedside visitors at a time. Exceptions may be made for patients who require an additional person(s), such as a language interpreter, to be present.
- Visitor passes. Passes must be obtained from the information desk, located in the main lobbies, prior to seeing a patient.
- Children age 12 and under need permission to visit. Permission may be obtained by a nursing supervisor.
- Stay home if you’re sick. We ask those suffering from colds, coughs or other illnesses refrain from visitation until they are well.
- No latex balloons. Out of concern for those with allergies to latex, only Mylar balloons are permitted in our facilities.
- No weapons or contraband are permitted on Einstein property.
To ensure patient privacy and safety, the hospital may choose to restrict visitation in certain situations, including when:
- Care intervention is occurring with a patient.
- A therapy session is underway.
- Infection control or any threat to public health is present.
- A court order limits or restrains contact with a patient.
- Disruptive behavior is exhibited by a visitor. This includes, but is not limited to, making threats, cursing, being exceptionally loud or failing to comply with infections prevention and control requirements.