We believe healing is a shared responsibility between healthcare professionals, patients and families. Coming to your appointment prepared puts you on the right path toward recovery.
We routinely ask questions about
- Medical history. Plan to share details of past illnesses or operations.
- Medications. Including vitamins, supplements and dosage information.
- Representative. Please choose one or two family members to act as a representative to your larger circle of family or friends. Your representative also serves as the chief contact for staff to share updates and explain care plans.
What you should bring
- Insurance card
- Photo identification
- A copy of your advance directives
- Referral forms
- A list of allergies
What to leave at home
- Valuables such as jewelry
- Firearms and weapons. If found, these will be taken to a locked facility and returned when you leave.
- Tobacco products. Einstein facilities are smoke-free.
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Large amounts of cash
- Your extended family
Being prepared will help you make the most of your next doctor visit.