Einstein's Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery includes trained skin care professionals who provide advanced medical skin care treatments that help improve and maintain your skin's very best appearance and health.
How Do Medical Skin Care Treatments Work?
Medical skin care treatments work to improve sun-damaged and aging skin and complexions affected by acne or dryness. Unlike a spa facial, a medical skin treatment is designed to specifically treat each patient's specific needs.
Medical skin treatment includes a combination of special chemical applications and therapies along with prescriptive and non-prescriptive products containing high levels of active ingredients. These non-surgical treatments work to protect your skin and improve its texture and appearance.
What Can I Expect During and After the Procedure?
Your physician will provide you with detailed information about your procedure, but in general:
- Your skin will be thoroughly cleansed.
- If a chemical treatment is applied, you may feel a short tingling or stinging sensation.
- Your skin may appear flushed directly after the treatment, but that will disappear within a few hours.
- Some slight tingling or tenderness to the touch may be experienced, but these are only temporary.
- You should avoid the sun after a medical skin treatment and always apply sunscreen.