We're here, we're open and ready to serve our community. You can experience care in a safe and comfortable environment in person or schedule a visit by phone or computer. Learn about our newly opened COVID-19 Community Testing Site.
To Our Community
On behalf of everyone at Einstein Healthcare Network, we thank you for your continued support and patience during these unprecedented times. We want to assure you that Einstein remains steadfast in our commitment to providing excellent patient-centered care to the communities we serve.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have been working diligently to create a more safe and comfortable environment in all of our hospitals, outpatient care centers and in our provider offices. We have added many new measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients, medical staff and employees.
Read full message
Our physician offices remain ready to provide care including telephone and virtual visits for routine follow up care and most urgent care needs.
For in-person exams, diagnostic workups, and interventional care, know that all operations continue with increased safety measures
Call your physician's office
to make an appointment or request an appointment online
. We will provide guidance on the best way to obtain care.
Enhanced Safety Protocols
Enhanced Safety Protocols for Surgery Patients
Because your safety is our highest priority, Einstein has developed enhanced protocols for surgery procedures. Here’s what you can expect as you prepare for your surgery.
Einstein Healthcare Network is currently performing COVID-19 testing at two sites - one for the community (in partnership with the City of Philadelphia) and one specifically for patients. Appointments are required at both sites. Learn more.
To ensure a safe environment for Einstein Healthcare Network patients and visitors amid the outbreak of COVID-19 in the Greater Delaware Valley, we continue to restrict visitation to Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, Center One, MossRehab, Willowcrest, Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park, Einstein Medical Center Montgomery and all outpatient practices. Here are the latest guidelines:
- Who Can Visit: Visitors must be at least 16 years old unless approved by a specific specialty practice. Visitors will have their temperatures screened prior to entry to the unit. All visitors must wear a face mask. Visitors must maintain social distancing with clinical staff as much as possible. And no visitors will be permitted if they are returning from recent travel (14 days or less) to a designated quarantine state or country.
- Hospital Inpatients: There is one designated visitor per patient allowed at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park and MossRehab. (Two parents/guardians are permitted for children.) There is currently no inpatient visitation at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery unless authorized by the clinical leadership team. There is no visitation allowed at any location for patients who are COVID-19 positive or suspected.
- Willowcrest: No visitation is permitted at this time. Check with staff for ways to remain in contact with patients virtually.
- Physician Offices: Children and people with disabilities or special needs may be accompanied by one support person. Please check with the office if you have questions or specific needs.
- Emergency Departments: One visitor/support person is allowed in the Emergency Department at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia and Einstein Medical Center Elkins Park. (Approved visitors/support people include the parent or guardian of a minor child, one adult requested by the patient, and family members participating in end-of-life visitation.) Visitors remain restricted in the Emergency Department at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery unless authorized by the clinical leadership team.
- Outpatient Surgery: There will be one designated support person allowed for outpatient surgical procedures at most facilities. Please check with your physician's office for details.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Labor and Delivery: Visitors/support people are permitted, but policies may vary between hospitals. Please check with your physician for details. Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia permits labor/birth doulas to support laboring patients (in addition to the patient's support person).
All doulas are responsible for supplying their own personal protective equipment and are subject to required health screening for visitors.
- Oncology: All outpatient Medical Oncology & Hematology and Radiation Oncology departments have a zero visitor policy unless authorized by the clinical leadership team.
All visitors and patients will be screened. Visitors must wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines.
While we understand the important role that family members and visitors play in a patient's healing process, our new policies (which align with many other area hospitals and health systems) aim to balance the needs of patients while maintaining a safe environment for all. Check back for updates to this policy.
Visit our coronavirus page for a full list of resources related to the virus